Found a new WP resource, today. Check it out, wpquestions.com. A problem-solving community for WordPress and other technical questions . You can post a question & pay a nominal fee for the answer. Hopefully the community are night owls, as well.
12 Best Skype Add-ons to Improve Your Skyping Knowledge
The famous free video calling service Skype not just a software that we use every day to stay in touch with our friends and family. The Skype Add-ons makes it more than that by adding lot of features to this one amazing all time favorite Video chat software for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X platforms. This widely used free PC to PC video calling software recently merged with Facebook to bring video calling feature to the social networking giant.
As it is well know that Skype refers to the cheapest video calling facility which can be made available on PC, laptops and even mobile phones. It comes with some great video chatting facility, cheaper calling rates and many other features that will lure you at the earliest stage.
Benefits of Skype Add-Ons
The Add-ons or extra tools that you install along with the Skype software on the system allow you to customize your calling options and related activities. It may be about syncing your contacts that are placed on different online accounts and even mobile phones. In fact, Skype API develops the Extensions to give you more freedom and flexibility while enjoying the online calling facility.
Need of Add-ons to Improve Skyping knowledge
There are millions of people that are using the Skype on their cell phones or tablets for video calling and chatting purposes. But they are hardly aware of the extensions and extra tools that can be installed along with the Skype to enjoy more facilities at large.
12 Best Skype Add-Ons Ever
1. Fring – It allows the consumer to chat with people on many networks. It can be simply assumed like using your IM on multi network basis. This is a freeware.
2. Synqit – The software allows you to sync all contacts from Yahoo, Gmail, Plaxo and Outlook to your Skype account. This is very handy and quick tool to depend upon!
3. Professional version of Pamela – The program offers you plenty of choices that you look for in your daily life. some of the great features and facilities it provides to you are setting reminders, video mail, call or chatting or video recording, auto chat reply, personalization of contacts, answering machine and Skype Publishing at large.
4. WhiteBoardMeeting – A creative extension which allows the users to see each other drawing graphics and they can also share them at the same time. Insertion of text messages and drawing of vector graphics are also available.
5. RemoteX – this application facilitates you with viewing the other user’s desktop. He can also see yore’s at the same time.
6. Pando – The application has facility to share your files and folders to your Skype contacts. No doubt, it will also create URLs for all the folders and files you like to share.
7. JiWire Hotspot Finder – With this program, the user can find any Wi-Fi hotspot in the world and thus; it becomes easier to map the local places in hotels, restaurants and other important milestones.
8. Townkings – A real life map based community which invites the user to schedule the meeting in the local surroundings. Free dating, meeting widget, eBay trading and single communication are all available.
9. Blubell – It offers you facility to control your account with the Bluetooth headset.
10. Skip2PBX – It will create a communication infrastructure without bringing changes to your landline setup. PBX and VoIP services are integrated here.
11. uSeeToo – Sharing of text messages, graphics and photos becomes easier with the contacts.
12. Anothr – This is a client-based RSS reader that will alert you at your favorite feeds.
Summary – Skype is great calling software which allows the users to chat or call at cheaper rates all over the world. But without Add-ons, you will lose many things and customization features. You should install some extra applications to enjoy video calling!
Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for kindness.
It doesn’t matter if you try and try and try again, and fail. It does matter if you try and fail, and fail to try again.
– Charles Kettering
Are you the only admin of your Facebook Page? Then the answer to my questions is no, your Page is not secure. If your personal account is ever, for one crazy reason or another, disabled or becomes inaccessible and you can’t log into Facebook, then you won’t be able to access your Page either. I’ve even heard of people who accidentally removed themselves as admins. I know, it almost sounds like someone accidentally shooting himself, but it happens.
I highly recommend that you add at least one additional admin for your Page. If the unthinkable happens and you do, for some crazy reason, get removed as an admin, at least someone will still have control of the Page. But… that brings up the catch to my question. It’s also possible that your Page is not safe if you do have more than one admin because the other admin(s) can remove you as an admin and if they do, according to Facebook, no one at Facebook can add you back.
So, what we have here is a classic Catch 22 situation. If you only have one admin you can possibly lose control of your Facebook Page and yet, on the other hand, if you do have more than one admin, you can possibly lose control of your Facebook Page.
Here’s my recommendation. You really should have more than one admin or you’re just playing Russian Roulette with your Page, however, you need to be very, very sure that the person(s) you make an admin is someone you can trust and therein lies the rub. Who can you really trust? Wow, this little post is starting to get philosophical isn’t it? I realize it’s hard to know beyond a doubt that we can trust someone, but I think it’s far safer to run the small risk that another admin might get mad at you one day and remove you as an admin than it is to run your Page with only one admin.
The following is not a suggestion and you didn’t read it here, but there is one person you know beyond a doubt you can trust, and that’s yourself. Now, I know that Facebook has a rule that you can only have one personal profile so I can’t ethically suggest anything here, but put on your “read between the lines” glasses and maybe you’ll see what I’m not saying.
Thanks to http://hughbriss.com/ for the informative article.